About Me

My photo
Am I a superhero? Or just a lunatic that wears a cape...and rants?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Man Gives Himself The Finger

You wanna talk about a guy who is dedicated to getting a point across?

I read on a News page today that Serbian union officials in Belgrade were protesting for past wages due to them by a textile company that hadn't paid some of them in as long as a couple years (providing them with only a few "social benefits, like free healthcare"). Without money, these workers have been forced into extreme poverty causing them to live in terrible conditions. Conditions which could easily drive people into madness.

Enter, Zoran Bulatovic.

In order to illustrate just how desperate these workers are for food, Bulatovic cut off his own finger and then proceeded to eat it. Yeah, you read that right. HE CUT OFF AND ATE HIS OWN FINGER. That is dedication to a cause! Crazy? Undoubtedly, but aside from proving that starvation leads to insanity, it also proves that You Don't Mess With The ZORAN...I guess this guy will at least now be able to take advantage of his free healthcare benefits.

As if that isn't crazy enough, Bulatovic was quoted stating, "They will postpone planned self-mutilations at least until talks with government officials in Belgrade expected Tuesday." WHAT?! I don't know where you stand on this issue, but I think that slowly carving yourself into mince meat and eating the pieces is probably the best route to take when you are trying to prove that you are the voice of reason.

Seriously though, I may make some tasteless jokes, but if a story like this doesn't effectively illustrate the terrible state that many countries around the world are in, I don't know what will.
I don't need to read a story like this to recognize that I am really lucky to live in America. I truly feel bad for people who live in war-torn countries with governments that seemingly couldn't care less if their citizens perish.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE53Q4VA20090427

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign in to make a comment.