About Me

My photo
Am I a superhero? Or just a lunatic that wears a cape...and rants?

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 7: "Mocky-Lock is the boogeyman, Mocky-Lock wants me where I am!"

Day 7 of the 31 Days of Halloween count down

The Cell (2000)

Ok. So I'm going to start by saying I am not a fan of Jennifer Lopez. In my mind, she should have stayed a fly girl on 'In Living Color'. But, that's just me, and there is one really big exception.

The Cell focuses on Lopez as a child pyschologist who is part of a team of doctors that explore the minds of coma victims to try to awaken them.

Lopez and her team of Dreamscapers are tasked by Vince Vaughn to crash weddings...start a fraternity...tell him he's 'So Money'...help him explore the mind of a serial killer (played by Private Pyle) to find one of his victims that may still be alive.

As Lopez invades the killers mind, she slips into a virtual world of some of the most sick and twisted illustrated thought. The detail in the madness of the killer's thought is groundbreaking and very scary. You want a dark demented ride through the mind of a serial killer, this is it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite into the whole serial killer thing these days (no, you don't need to call 911 just yet) and this movie was bloody bizarre at times and scared me away from serial killers for a whole day and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lady Truth- Yea, the dream sequence (with the horse) alone makes this movie both disturbing and fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Please sign in to make a comment.