About Me

My photo
Am I a superhero? Or just a lunatic that wears a cape...and rants?

Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 11, 12, and 13: Little kids are SCARY

Day 11 of the 31 Days of Halloween countdown:


Pet Cemetery (1989): 'Sometimes dead is better. '

Ok. So Pet Cemetery, like most older movies, isn't scary by today's standards. However, there are some very terrifically scary elements to this flick.

The story centers around a family in a very rural town. The son, Gage (one of the cutest little kids), gets hit by a truck and killed and is thereafter no longer a cute little kid. So his father buries him in a pet cemetery.

Gage then comes back as an evil version of himself and goes on a killing spree.

Just go watch it. GAGE= one of the scariest kid characters ever!


Day 12 of the 31 Days of Halloween countdown:

The Exorcist (1973): 'It is he who commands you!'

What can I say about the Exorcist? Regan (Linda Blair) is a cute little kid.

Cute, that is until she gets possessed by the devil. After that she's pretty gross...throwing up; cursing more than if Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, and Lenny Bruce got into a three way car accident with each other after a night of crack, cocaine, and morphine binges, respectively; bleeding from everywhere; spinning her head around; walking like a crab; OH yea...and fucking herself with a crucifix.

Another gem that most people today probably won't think is overtly scary, but this movie is bested only by Jaws for its effect on the largest number of people.


The Ring
(2002 Remake): 'You're gonna die...'

I typically go for the originals rather than the remakes, but in this instance, I have to go with The Ring rather than Ringu. Some of you might disagree with me, but to me, most Japanese movies aren't scary, though the premises are usually awesome.

The Ring is a movie about a mysterious video tape that, when watched, begins the countdown until your death. In just 7 days after watching the tape, a girl named Samara will visit you through your TV and scare you literally to death and make you look like this.

I'm not gonna lie. The morning after seeing this movie in the theater, I was in the shower and I got creeped out and pulled the shower curtain back to make sure no one was in the room watching me.

5 comments:

  1. The ring is scary, though it is difficult to truly scare me, because my love of horror movies has left me desensitised. I prefer the American version too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've seen the Exorcist and I do NOT remember her doing THAT with a crucifix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maisie- Samara is frightening!

    @Soda- It definitely did happen...here is an interview with Linda Blair about that very scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5TlEeKWgrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ring still freaks me out. That fly on the screen just gives me the bloody creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lady Truth- yea, the whole movie is chilling

    ReplyDelete

Please sign in to make a comment.