About Me

My photo
Am I a superhero? Or just a lunatic that wears a cape...and rants?

Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 30: 'That house is not fit to live in.'

Only 2 more days of the 31 Days of Halloween countdown left! then it is back to my regularly scheduled Tirading :)

Day 30: The Changeling (1980) ---NO! Not that Angelina Jolie movie!!

1980's The Changeling is, for reasons beyond me, left off of most lists of scary movies. Perhaps it is due to its very slow, calm introduction period which isn't suitable for many viewers in the 'I want it now' era. BUT if you have patience for FILMS, atmospheric detail, and mood development then this gem is for you. It is a bit slow in the beginning, but believe me ther eis a payoff. This is one of the creepiest movies ever made.
The story focuses around a man (George C. Scott) who lost his family inan accident, and so he rents an old mansion to take some alone time to get himself together. Only problem is, he's not alone. the mansion is haunted and hiding a dark secret.
There are very few films out there that lay the creepiness on quite so thick. I dare you to watch The Changeling alone...but, just don't try watching it when you are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign in to make a comment.