About Me

My photo
Am I a superhero? Or just a lunatic that wears a cape...and rants?

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Laurie, what's the boogeyman?

Today marks the beginning of my 31 Days of Halloween horror movie count down. As I said in previous posts, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I am a bit of a horror movie fanatic. What better way to bring in the spirit of Halloween then by sharing some movie suggestions with you all. The list is not in any particular order and I am not rating them. So, turn out the lights and watch at your own risk.


DAY 1: HALLOWEEN (1978)


What better way to kick off a horror movie count down, than with John Carpenter's classic, Halloween.

To me, Halloween is one of the scariest movies ever made. At 6 years old, Michael Myers killed his older sister and ended up in an insane asylum. 15 years later Myers escapes fro mthe asylum and, while rocking a William Shatner mask, attempts to finish what he started by killing his younger sister (played by Jamie Lee Curtis).

If you're interested in blood and guts and over the top 'gotcha' moments, then this isn't the movie for you. BUT if you are looking for an intense, suspenseful and frightening, old school flick with a musical score scarier than Clint Eastwood's verse in the end-credits score in Gran Torino, then this movie will not disappoint.

THE BOOGEYMAN IS COMING!!!

"Black cats and goblins and broomsticks and ghosts.
Covens of witches with all of their hopes.
You may think they scare me. You're probably right.
Black cats and goblins on Halloween night.
Trick or treat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign in to make a comment.